Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Hubby's favorite bar...

Tonight is the year end awards banquet for the Mouse River Ranch Rodeos series that I've been the Secretary/Treasurer of for the last 2 years. My "term" as the Secretary/Treasurer will come to an end tonight. I decided at the beginning of the Summer that I wanted to spend next Summer making memories with our son, Cooper. Cooper will be 2 on the 18th and I don't want to miss out on anymore memories with him at the ranch rodeos.
So tonight for the awards banquet, I made a pan of Revel Bars. When I told my husband this morning that I was going to make them for tonight he said, "Oh they are my favorite!" So I'm sure he's hoping that there will be some left when we come home.


Here is a picture of the pan of Revel Bars.

These are kind of a comfort food from my childhood. I always remember my mom baking them. 

Here's the recipe:

Revel Bars
crust:
1 C. margarine
2 C. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
3 C. oatmeal

filling:
12 oz. chocolate chips
2 tbsp. margarine
2 tsp. vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 C. chopped nuts (optional)

Cream together margarine and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt and soda. Stir in oatmeal and dry ingredients to creamed mixture. 
Filling: Microwave chips, margarine and sweetened condensed milk until smooth (about 1-2 minutes); add nuts and vanilla. 
Spread 2/3 of the crust in a jelly-roll pan. Cover with filling. Dot with remaining crust. 
Bake at 350° for 22 to 25 minutes.


I usually don't add the nuts to my bars. I like the filling to be creamy.
I hope you try my recipe and enjoy it just as much as we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment