Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving card

Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away and I'm very excited. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. What an awesome day it is! A day to be thankful for what we have in our lives. It's a day that people aren't expecting you to give them gifts like Christmas or Valentine's Day. It's just a day to be happy and content with what we have in our lives and appreciate it. All that and well...all the food helps make it my favorite holiday!

In honor of my favorite holiday being just around the corner, I thought I would post a Thanksgiving card.
Now I'm sure you're thinking, a Thanksgiving card?! Who sends those?! But I will be sending a few this year. Especially one to my Grandpa who is in an assisted living home and loves receiving mail. I try to send him a card every month with a picture of Cooper in it. I know that I enjoy getting mail other than bills so why not send a card for Thanksgiving??


I used Die Cuts With a View's Harvest Gathering cardstock stack for the background of the card. The leaves and the sentiment box and frame were cut out using my Cricut Expression and the Art Philosophy cartridge sold exclusively through Close To My Heart. The sentiment was a stamp I purchased from Hobby Lobby. The leaves are stamps that come with the Art Philosophy cartridge from Close To My Heart. The brown stripe in the middle of the card is a piece of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon from Stampin' Up! that has sadly been discontinued. However, it is still available in 1/4" size.

I love the sparkle on the cardstock from DCWV and how it adds a bit of bling and texture to the card.

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to keep checking back to see what's going on in Life on the Rockin' LC Ranch.

No comments:

Post a Comment